After completing a solid first draft of Pumpkins, the first book in my new Uncanny Icons horror series for YA readers, on March 29, I was feeling pretty good about it, but I decided to set the book aside and not even think about it much for two weeks, so I could come back to it with fresh eyes. I started on Friday and just finished this morning, and I'm more excited about the book than ever. So, now it's off to my two beta readers.
Once I receive their feedback and make revisions, it's on to typesetting. The cover has been ready for a couple of months. (I keep it open on my desktop as inspiration.) I'll go through the manuscript one more time after that (things always come across differently once the manuscript is in its "final" form), and then it'll be time to print up some copies for my advance review team. It's been a while since I launched an entirely new series, so I am pumped to get this out there. I already have most of the story worked out for Brooms, book two in the series. But before I get going on that, I'm getting started on Quiet On Set!, book 6 in the Milligan Creek series. Meanwhile, I have also "secretly" been pecking away at book 1 in a time travel sci-fi series, so we'll see how and when I can get that out as well.
Brief thoughts and updates on writing, publishing, and life